BUILDING COMMUNITY THROUGH SONG SINCE 1991
Audition for Choristers
The auditions for Choristers are designed to be a fun, low-stress experience where we get to know each singer, their voice, previous musical experience and other interests. In fact, we like to call it a "meet-and-sing", not an audition!
It is also a time for you to get to know us, ask questions about logistics and teaching philosophy, and see if LCC is a good fit for you. We hope you’ll join us!
Three easy steps are all it takes to join Choristers. They are:
- Read about and sign up for a “meet-and-sing” time.
- Meet the LCC staff, sing for us, and ask us all the questions you can think of.
- Accept our invitation to join the group and register!
Any questions? Please contact Artistic Director Dr. Gabe Lewis-O'Connor, through email or personal phone number (785) 766-8385
The "meet-and-sing" will be comprised of the following activities:
“Meet-and-Sing” Registration (10 minutes, completed before scheduled audition time)
- Registration form, to be filled out by parent/guardian
- Musical assessment form, to be filled out by singer
Singing (10 minutes, open audition format with singer, parent/guardian and LCC Artistic Director in the room)
- Sing “Row Row Row Your Boat” in a key of your choice (C, D, or E major usually work well)
- Range check (singer will sing repeated phrase to show range)
- Pitch memory exercise (a series of pitches will be sung, singer sings them back)
- Questions/discussion (the most important part! A chance for any questions, discussion, etc.)
How to sign up for a meet-and-sing time:
Use the calendar below to sign up for a time slot. First choose a day, then a time that works for you, entering the required information to secure your slot.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow both parent/guardian and student to complete the required paperwork before singing. For example, if you sign up for a 11:00 am time slot please be in the church filling out paperwork no later than 10:50 am.
Auditions will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church (1245 New Hampshire Street, Lawrence, KS 66044). Please park in the parking lot located East of the church (NW corner of 13th Street and Rhode Island Street) and access the church through the main double doors at the Northeast corner of the building. See this map for parking and entrance location.